Monday, February 24, 2014

Champion of the Week - Captain Teemo

Captain Teemo on Duty
 
 
 
Teemo. How cute, you say. He's so little and furry, you comment. Oh what a cute little yordle, you exclaim. I just want to hug - AHHHH IT HURTS!!! I'M DYING!!! OMG!!!
 
Yep, that's an encounter with Teemo alright. He is a beast and constantly underestimated. I don't see him played too often but out of a hundred and something champs that's  not irregular to not see many champs played. It's also the luck of the draw as well. Sure there are more popular champs but you're only going to see who you go up against. And you might see different champions played based on what rank you are - bronze, silver, gold, etc. Though I'm not actually sure about that. So what exactly am I sure about today?
 
That Teemo is a boss! I love teemo, he has been one of my all time favorite characters. He can play any lane except jungle...no he really can't play jungle.
 
PROS - Teemo has excellent vision. Yes this usually starts at lvl 6 because you can start shrooming up the whole world. But he can sit in the bush as support and disappear, leaving you able to see that portion of the map without being in danger. Careful of vision wards though.
 
He has a speed up - allowing you to get away, move in for that Q, or gap close for a kill.
 
He is amazing as a support. Seriously, everyone always gives me crap for playing him support until I do. He AP ratio is good enough that you can slack on building AP quickly, allowing him to do good damage as a support without necessarily having the items. He doesn't HAVE to kill the minions with his poison. As a support against the AD carry he can blind, allowing his own ADC to have uninterrupted time to go ham against the other carry. It's perfect.
 
His shrooms. They are constantly underestimated until someone steps on one. They slow, allowing easy kills. Plus once Teemo actually HAS some AP...you're dead. Get away with that fight with 20 health...teemo shroom. In their jungle stealing blue? Shroom. Dead give away. The best moments are when you get the kill when you aren't even around or trying.

 
 
Yep. Teemo makes it really easy to be a BAMF.
You might be asking about Teemo's cons. And that my lovelies is a valid point but one I HATE to dwell on. Harpies. All of you.
 
CONS - He's really freaking squishy. Like a goshdamn plushie. Or worse, like a moldy tomato. No really, you think I'm just being silly but LOL always provides a drawback. Nidalee and her OP spears? It's ok because their hit box is really really small. Xerath and his ridiculous range? That's ok, bumrush him, making his stun fairly useless. I've always liked LOL for putting in what I refer to as a "Oh crap" clause. So Teemo's is fairly simple. Unless you build him bulky...which takes away from building him mostly damage, then you're going to get hit. And hit hard. Unless it's an ADC in which you can Q to blind then W to run away really fast. Honestly, if you get fed, you can take on most champs 1v1. Last night I kept owning a Darius until he figured out that he could just ult me to death. Jerk.
 
His shrooms disappear. Yep, it happens. Once you level it up though, they are usually there to stay unless they get hit. Shrooms - take WAY too much mana to put down at beginning levels in my opinion though I understand...that's one of his clauses to not be too OP (over powered you non gaming nerds).
 
This is just a personal Con. I hate it when I go into a part of their jungle or a part of our river, etc and really shroom it up. I mean, the map looks like a drug cartel. Then we have a team fight and they all get walked over but no one dies. Rarely happens...but it can. Makes me angry because now, I have no shrooms. Sigh. First world problems.
 
I bet you want a chance to look at Teemo's amazing over powering move list right? I know. I'm always right.
 
 Check this out! ^^^^^^
 
I personally love lolking. I think it gives great ideas on what all the top ranking players are using but it also allows you to look and see what the champ does before you use them. It also allows you to see the stats if that interests you. Me? Bores to tears.
 
 
So Finally my favorite part. What to Build????? This is the age old question on every champ. I want to take a minute to explain to you guys why this is just my opinion. Why even lolkings is JUST an opinion. LOL has it's moments. Sometimes the game is SICK! ...Mostly when you're winning. And sometimes it plain sucks - yep when you're losing. But the coolest thing they have added into this game is versatility. The amount of champions x the amount of items x the amount of abilities x players choice = FREAKING INFINITY! Well, probably not but I'm bad with math so we'll go with infinity.
 
So the important thing to realize is - a lot of items are situational. Am I going to build an
 

Iceborn Gauntlet - Gives Armor, AP, CD, Mana

if I'm playing Leona against of team of all AP. HECK NO! Why? Because it gives armor. I'll be building tank MR (magic resist) items.
 
So, normally in Teemo I like to build
 
Liandry's Torment - Gives AP, health, MP, and a percentage DOT (damage over time) effect. First of all, percentage damage in this game is way too over powered. Secondly, imagine me, Teemo with my shrooms that now have more MP and AP, I have more survivability given my health, and now I have a percentage DOT. For Teemo and most other AP's this is an amazing item.
 
Nashor's Tooth - Teemo is helped a lot when his attack speed goes up. So this item does that plus AP. It has CD plus a bonus magic damage when you deal basic attacks. Besides his Q, all Teemo will do is basic attack you. See why I like this item?
 
If I HAVE to put a Rabadon's Deathcap down...you're halfway too stupid to read.
 
Carrying on
 
A
Lich Bane is great.
 
Situational items against AP include
Abyssal Scepter and
 
Athene's Unholy Grail
 
Remember this IS a cool down hit cap so make sure you don't go over 40% or you're just hurting yourself.
 
Against an AD team
 
Zhonya's Hourglass
 
There is plenty of different items that suit Teemo really well. Some don't. It's about playing him to your advantage. If people are stepping on your shrooms all the time? Go high AP, plus those items that "burn" the target longer like a Morellonomicon.
 
Play with what is comfortable for you.
 
Finally. Love Teemo. He is a great fantastic Champ with a lot of versatility and usefulness. You can hold your own against fed ADC's, tanky brawlers, and even go head to head with some mid laners.
 
"Armed and Ready"
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment