Monday, August 25, 2014

SIms 4 - New News and Old News

Sims 4 - New News and Old News
Also Used News?

I get my information from a variety of sources. Some I get from youtube video mammoths such as Curtis Paradis and some I get from the Sims webpage, etc. 

That being said, I'm not always ON TIME with my information. Get over it. I have. Others, might not view this information as it comes out too, so I feel ok about being late. 


Ok on to news. Remember what we talked about in the last blog? About different things that the Sims 4 would be leaving out and what they would be adding. Here is a post which explains WHY they decided to forgo some of the more popular aspects of Sims 3 in Sims 4 such as pools and toddlers.

Read it here
Picture is taken directly from linked webpage.

Don't want to read it? I'll give you a quick summary. Basically, Sims 4 wanted to focus more on the Sims themselves, their emotions, and how those emotions change their interactions with both objects and people. Meaning they just didn't have the time or energy to add additional items/toddlers to the game and then create how all of those interactions would occur. Some people are plain pissed. Why release an unfinished project. I don't really find this unfinished. Many games choose to format their base version without many items and include this later through patching or further expansions. I think people are really pissed because Sims 4 will release expansions with this content that they will buy. Because if you aren't going to buy it? Why give EA grief about it? You wouldn't. You're going to give EA crap because you KNOW you're going to buy it. I'm sorry, but whether or not you like what EA does...they release a product you still want to play whether or not you spend all your time being salty about it or not. Ok sorry, that was my little rant.

Also included in this blog is a little pic that I linked above showing some of the new changes that were made in Sims 4 to build/buy. Essentially the smart tool that they use for blueprinting rooms and adding/removing rooms to houses. I saw the Sims 4 demo where they added an entire house and room from their new gallery and honestly I'm in love. 

Ok so to continue with the recent blogs from the Sims 4 news page.

What about the new neighborhoods?


Ok. So basically what they've added is two neighborhoods. Willow Creak and Oasis Springs. Willow Creek is probably really similar to Sunset Valley while they describe Oasis Springs as  being a mixture between Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms. They describe that there are reasons to venture to different neighborhoods. Different collectibles thrive in the different enviroments. They even go so far as to say the avenues and architecture of each neighborhood is different. A new experience per neighborhood. How is this different than Sims 3? Well apparently your relationships, history, family tree, skills, etc. will also travel with you if/when you move to a new neighborhood.

Now look at the above picture. HOW freaking gorgeous is that!? The view is spectacular, the graphics for the items is chill. And frankly, the food looks like actually food. I've been waiting for that for a long time. Yea..I know.

To continue...
This one they describe the new and old faces we'll see in Sims 4. I'm excited to see how these characters interact with the new ones I will make :D.


Ok so if you're curious on how changing Sims and their interactions in the Sims 4 is so much work, then check out this link. Honestly, it was boring to me because I just don't care. But I know a lot of you are curious to know what actually goes into the Sims and challenges the designers face.


And with that I'm out! Have a lovely night!

No comments:

Post a Comment