Monday, August 25, 2014

World of Warcraft - Girl Gamers

 
Girl Gamers
 
Turns out girl gamers are now outnumbering teenage boys. Yep! Huge shocker there, at least to me when I read it. I think there has been such a position of teenage boys ruling the gaming world that to find out adult female are actually in the lead, creates huge shock value. Ok so to be fair, men still lead the gaming numbers but no longer do little boys outnumber us! (Cue maniacal laughter).
 
A little number game. For those of you who think that most of the gamer world is comprised of young adults you would be....WRONG! Over 39% of the gaming world is OVER the age of 36! While the gender of this is 52% men and 48% women. OO! Ladies we're catching up!
 
And the average number of years gamers have "wasted" (popular opinion) on video games is 14 years. OOO lordy! That's over half my life!
 
Now before everyone gets their armor in a dent, something needs to be known here. This includes games like Farmville or games on multiple platforms, i.e. tablets, smartphones, etc. So this doesn't necessarily mean the "hardcore" game but possible the more casual one.
 
This article stipulates that marketing and games themselves will change their previous demographic of teenage boys to a more obviously influential group of people...yep WOMAN.
OO pick me pick me! I'm definitely the top right one!!! :D The bottom right one ONLY describes me when I play League of Legends.
 
If you want to read this your self please click the link below. You may have to mouse over it, as it's in black. The above picture was also captured from said article.

No comments:

Post a Comment