Monday, August 25, 2014

World of Warcraft - Ghostcrawler and Visual Updates!

Ze World of Ze Varcraft!
As told to us by Ghostcrawler!
 
Just...kidding. I do not have the keys to the kingdom, nor do I have access to privileged and private speeches from Ghostcrawler. But I do have public ones! Now Ghostcrawler has always been an enigma to the Wow Community and a further source of deep dissatisfaction and a constant thorn in many WoW gamers side. We tend to blame him on all the changes made in the game because...honestly? He's one of the only GM's that made himself so available to the player base.
 
Now is it really him that made a BILLION and one changes to the game? Of course not, but we sure as heck blamed him. But to move on.
He has joined Riot and is now on the League of Legends team which is thrilling. From one of my favorite games to another. In this discussion with MMO-champions he talks about the main differences between his role in WoW and his role in League.
 
Personally, the guy interviewing him is an ass. Ghostcrawler said ONE thing that  made perfect sense to me. He described the differences between the two games and how those not only affect his role on the team but also the challenges of his job. This caused the interviewer to really grill him for the rest of the conversation in an unnecessary way. The way Ghostcrawler kept repeating himself, I'm only stipulating here, I could imagine that he was beyond annoyed and kept repeating the same thing as if the reporter was a straight up idiot who couldn't seem to get a simple concept through his head. But I digress. I will not go through the interview. Here is the link if you want to read it. At the moment it is the third story down. But as I'm just linking MMO-champion that might change.
 
Why do I care about this? Because Ghostcrawler was a part of WoW for almost two decades and he deserves to be remembered in a good light. Here he gets to defend the nature of his previous role on the WoW team and while not dissing the game, he discusses the mass difference between a game like WoW and League of Legends.
 
 
More Visual Updates!
 
Whether you play Alliance or Horde, you have to admit that the visual updates for each race are amazing. All I hear lately is complaining but I for one, can barely stand how generic every character looks and generally "flat." I was excited when pandas got added to the game, not for actually playing them but because it ushered in a new era. If they were so visually updated that had to mean that WoW would follow suit with other races and I was not disappointed!
Here's a quick look at a few races that are visually updated. I received ALL images from MMO-champions that has been previously linked in above segment.
 



 
Ok. This ALMOST makes me want to play a female Tauren. I do still sadly have respect for myself so that will not be happening. But seriously? This stuff looks straight up chill! I'm so excited! I might even go female Orc! I added the cute new pet that you can get as well. Mostly because...well look at him! He's adorbs!
 
Does a visual update change the game? Or course not! But it does add a very appealing element of personality and characteristics that I don't think WoW had before. In every game, one of the most appealing "jobs" is to make your character and further more, to make it what you want it to be. Does this visual update add that? I think so. Tell me what you think in the comment section.


No comments:

Post a Comment